about Tofino Internet Services Ltd.
The business maintains three different but related divisions, all of which are run by John Platenius:
- We work with clients to help them manage their website more effectively. We work on a monthly retainer to make sure the client gets fast and professional service when their website needs updating. We have different levels of retainer depending on the needs of the client.
- We help a number of clients with their website marketing and advertising. Lately this work has focussed on tourism-related business and includes help understanding and managing the website's Google Analytics reporting and Adwords Campaigns.
- We also own and operate a number of our own websites. Our local travel guide, Tofino-BC.com (aka: Tofino Guide) is an example of one of our more established sites (1997!). It is also a book.
about john platenius
I love doing the best job that I can for advertising, marketing and website management clients in in the tourism industry. I hold professionalism in very high regard.
But I do have a life outside of my office.
When I'm not staring at the screen, selling books or meeting with clients I
enjoy adventuring with my family. Sarah and I have two kids (Reed, age 13; Chloe, age 11). We're all hikers, surfers, boaters, bikers and campers -- often times we combine these all into one adventure! I've been fortunate to explore Clayoquot Sound, my wild and expansive backyard, via foot, Zodiac, quad, oyster skiff, canoe and float plane. And I'm looking forward to more...
Below is my abbreviated, recent past. For a lengthier version, go here.)
A snippet of my last few years of fortune:
- Met the love of my life and partner in adventure, who runs Tofino Cottage Garden
- Taught university at a Liberal Arts College in Prescott, Arizona
- Moved to Tofino, home to majestic beaches and gargantuan slugs
- Lived and worked at Cougar Annie's Garden, a remote heritage garden north of Tofino
- Welcomed our son, Reed, into the world
- Bought a small advertising company with it's accompanying website
- Taught at a local community college
- Welcomed our daughter, Chloe, into the world
- Bought some more websites
- Built a hacienda close to Cox Bay and Chesterman -- two of those aforementioned majestic beaches
- Authored and published a guidebook to Tofino
- Stared at the screen. Went on adventures.
- Repeated the above, again and again and...
© 2017, Tofino Internet Services Ltd.